Gather up your superheroes and head over to the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Resort for a summer of action-packed adventures. Through Labor Day, the resort encourages families to engage in heroic activities that will allow kids’ high energy and active imaginations the opportunity to really take flight.
“If you didn’t get away to that exotic destination this summer, you won’t want to miss a short escape to the Princess for the Labor Day Dreamcation weekend,” says Pam Gilbert, director of Sales and Marketing. “This year the resort will host a final celebration of Superhero Summer at the Princess with a three-day cruise aboard the SS Princess to the magical Paradise Island, home of Wonder Woman. Island drinks, spa packages and a tropical bounty of cuisine will help you ease out of summer break feeling like you had an escape to a tropical island. Of course, all the Super Hero fun at the Princess continues through the weekend.”
From Sidekick to Superhero
- Children can transform from sidekick to superhero in a flash with a special cape and mask they will receive upon check-in. The mission is to decipher the secret message given when they arrive.
- Pack a punch and fuel up with waters and “power boost powder” to rejuvenate after a long day of saving the world.
- Be Superman or Superwoman in a themed phone photo booth, and don’t forget to say hello to furry and friendly friends (the Princess’ caped canine ambassadors).
Superhero Training Academy and Fun Squad
- Create superhero belts and cuffs before taking on tests of strength, speed, endurance and character.
- Complete Superhero Academy and become certified superheroes complete with superhero name, origin and diploma.
- Head over to Sonoran Splash for high-energy, family-friendly games, trivia, music and prizes.
Zipline Flight School and Superhero Federation Aqua Light Fest
- Fly through the sky with thrilling ziplines through the resort’s scenic lagoon. These rides are complimentary for in-house guests.
- After dark, head over to Sonoran Splash for a nighttime experience alive with color and lights. The 200-foot waterslides transform with lasers, fog, colorful strobe lights and LED hula hoops, plus techno beats from DJ Super Splash.
- Boost superhero powers at the super foam charging station, or show off speed with a faster-than-light challenge game.
Where the Wild Things Are, Dive-In Movies, Mermaid University and Fireworks
- Bobcat Billy will be greeting guests in the main lobby then will direct you to the Lagoon Lawn for an all-ages catch-and-release fishing derby. Expert handlers of Sonoran Desert Falconry teach superheroes about high-flying creatures like hawks and falcons. Complimentary resort tours hosted by nature enthusiast Ranger Rick will show you around the resort and introduce you to resident turtle Cecil.
- Become a mermaid with resident mermaid Moon, who will host 90-minute experiences at Sunset Beach. Receive a tail, goggles, diploma with chosen mermaid name and tail tutorial.
- Celebrate a full day of caped antics with fireworks every Saturday night at 9 p.m. Sunset Beach, Princess Pool and Lagoon Lawn offer spectacular views.
There is an abundance of activities for guests to enjoy outside the realm of ordinary, including real-life superheroes courtesy of Marvel Comics Arizona, who will be on hand to take photos with the kids, including Spiderman, Wonder Woman and Captain America.
Adults can unwind while their children save the world with a new Bungee Bounce class or gravity-defying Wall Yoga Class. Discover the Sanctuary of Well & Being Spa with treatments from a cold-plunge pool to Swedish Dry Sauna. TPC Scottsdale is an award-winning golf course where adults can partake in a round with breathtaking views and upscale amenities. Retail therapy is always an option at the resort with high-end boutiques and poolside attire.
Visit the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Resort over Labor Day for a Bon Voyage Ceremony, and soak up one more chance to revel in the Superhero Summer Spectacular. Capture memories for when your kids return to being “civilians” again, so they never forget their time at the Princess.
“This summer the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess may be the safest place on earth, with each child checking in donning a mask, cape and taking on a superhero identity. Heroes are on patrol throughout the resort. These young avengers gain their super powers attending the Superhero Training Academy and Superhero Flight School where caped crusaders soar over the lagoon. This heroic adventure is available through the finale Labor Day weekend celebration.” –PAM GILBERT, DIRECTOR OF SALES AND MARKETING