Recommendations from Sweet Basil Gourmetware & Cooking School
Sweet Basil Gourmetware & Cooking School opened in 1993 with owner Martie Sullivan’s vision to make the fun of cooking and entertaining come alive.
“We host several cooking demonstrations in our kitchen for a minimal fee,” Martie says. “This is where learning and fun come together with guest instructors and sales reps who love to give away products so you can take tools home and try them out.”
Moving onto a cooking class has many benefits, including getting to eat a full meal of all of the foods that you prepared yourself. Martie even hosts classes for kids with detailed dishes that mirror popular TV chef creations.
“It’s a serious and fun environment with professional chefs teaching them to emulate their TV heroes,” she says.
After a visit to Sweet Basil, the at-home chef will revel in the variety of products available to take home and use in their own kitchens. From grilling essentials to baking gear and cookbooks, Martie offers an array of at home items that will enhance the cooking and eating experience.
“No matter the job, choosing the best gadget to help with the preparation will make your cooking experience wonderful.”
- Garlic Twister by Nextrend easily minces garlic, herbs, ginger, peppers, olives, nuts and more with just a twist of the wrist. $24.95
- Recipe Rock from Architec is the perfect way to hold a recipe card up to a sheet of paper with a downloaded recipe. Strong magnet holds card or page in place. $11.95
- Spiralizer by Progressive is a professional spiralizer with a fully integrated blade carousel with no removal blades. This dishwasher-safe tool allows three spiral options of thin julienne, thick julienne and ribbon cuts. $52.95
- Herb Scissors by Cutlery Pro are a five-blade, high-carbon German steel sheer for quickly chopping any herb from your garden or local store. Each sheer comes with a cleaning tool. $16.95
- Rainbow Spoons and Spatulas by Island Bamboo are laminated Pakka Harwood cooking utensils that are colorful, extremely durable, heat-resistant to 450 degrees and safe for all cookware. $11.95
- Cactus Popsicle by LeQue is a fun cactus-shaped silicone popsicle mold. These molds open from the back and come with removable plastic sticks for easy filling. Each box comes with four molds and a recipe book. $23.95
- Battery Operated Peppermill by Trudeau is an automatic grinder allowing you to season with a tilt of the wrist. This innovative grinder has an easy twist top button to adjust from a course to a fine grind and a lighted grind path so you can see exactly what’s dispensing. $33.95
- Root Salad Bowls are beautiful, one-of-a-kind, hand-carved and finished wooden bowls perfect for any salad. They make fabulous gifts or even a table centerpiece statement. $115.95