Creating a Custom Outdoor Paradise with California Pools and Landscape
The local, Arizona-based California Pools and Landscape certainly had humble beginnings. Current President Jeremy Smith’s parents started the family-owned company back in 1988. At first, they carried out the business side of it from their living room, transformed their garage into a workshop and housed their first display pool in their backyard before settling on a permanent location for their first showroom.
“My dad would hire me and a couple of my high school buddies on the weekends to help build the pools. It was very much a grass roots, family-type of business,” recalls Smith.
From there, the company took off, eventually evolving from a custom pool building service to a full-blown landscaping and outdoor living business. As the only fully licensed contractor in Arizona for everything from pools and landscaping to masonry and structures, their customers are guaranteed the highest quality of service throughout the entire building process.
Although the company has enjoyed much success over the years, they still strongly believe in their founding principle of focusing first and foremost on the customer and their vision.
“Our goal and mission always has and always will be to put our customers first. We want to allow them to have as many creative ideas as possible and put just as many custom touches on their backyard as they would to the inside of their home,” explains Smith.
“I know it sounds kind of old-fashioned, but we take personal responsibility for that customer being happy and enjoying their backyard.”
And with the opening of their new North Scottsdale showroom, the company hopes to create another location that will further allow people to foster new ideas about what can be done to transform their backyard into a custom outdoor living oasis.
Here are some tips on how to get that creative process started.
Choosing the Right Pool
- Traditional: These tend to be rectangular in shape and more formal, making them a perfect complement for minimalist landscaping.
- Geometric: With a sleek modern look, these tend to combine different shapes and angles with clean, crisp lines.
- Freeform: A series of curves are used to form the pool’s outline, which is ideal for cooling off and relaxing.
- Natural: For an oasis like feel, these pools blend perfectly with the property by incorporating your natural surroundings into the design.
- Decks: From travertine to concrete, these create the perfect gathering space.
- Swim-Up Bars: Whether elevated or sunken, these make for an ideal party scene.
- Water Features: From waterfalls and fountains to luxurious spas, these will have you relaxed in no time.
- Fire Features: Add some spark to your gathering with fire pots and fire bowls surrounding the pool and fire pits to warm up by at night.
- Lighting: Make your pool a multi-colored wonder with high-quality, elegant LED lights.
An Outdoor Living Space
- BBQ’s and Kitchens: Enjoy a sumptuous meal prepared outdoors at any time of the year with a custom cooking area.
- Pizza Ovens: A party-perfect addition, these create a fun atmosphere while providing delicious treats for family and friends.
- Ramadas: Stay in the shade with a living room-type area that incorporates everything from couches and TVs to refrigerators.
For more information call 480.498.2139